— Lana Del Rey
I am so incredibly happy and grateful that this first week back has been SO BOMB! Here are the things I am so appreciative for:
- Engaging and personable professors,
- Intellectually stimulating and challenging courses that will allow me to have self reflection and growth,
- A group of familiar faces in each of these courses,
- Seeing friends and familiar faces around campus,
- The happy feeling I get because I say hi and they say hi back (tackling my social anxiety one day at a time!),
- My boyfriend who is my best friend and helps keep our relationship balanced,
- Friends that text me and respond on FB,
- My furbabies!,
- My parents, who haven’t thrown me to the wolves yet,
- A pretty college campus and the fact that it doesn’t snow here
— (via hidden-disaster)
1. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he wanted to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
2. People will make time for you when they care about you. If he says he’s too busy or constantly cancels his plans, he doesn’t care. People fight for you when they care.
3. Don’t let him touch you on the first date. If he tries, he’s not there for the same reasons you are.
4. You can tell a lot about a person by their favorite book.
5. If he can stomach more than ten straight shots without feeling a thing, he drinks too much.
6. Ask the uncomfortable things. When was the last time he was so high he couldn’t speak? What does he regret the most? Does he drink to remember or to forget?
7. Don’t send pictures unless you want to. If he has to talk you into it, don’t do it. If you hesitate, don’t do it. If you do take a picture, don’t include your face. Keep yourself safe.
8. If you can’t laugh when you’re having sex with him, maybe you aren’t sleeping with the right person. Sex isn’t about tricks and tips and routines.
9. If he hurts you, cut him out. He’s gone, he isn’t coming back, and you don’t need to prolong the pain.
10. Don’t be afraid to open up again. I promise not everyone will love you with a knife behind their back."
— Boy advice from someone who made the same mistakes too often (via taito-oct9thofmine)
Kate Winslet (via sincerely-elenaa)